Wednesday, June 8, 2011

FOOD FIND: Cafe Kapitan's Pancit Canton

Discovered Cafe Kapitan in Marikina City a month ago and still can't get over the Pancit Canton.
It's the Pancit Canton that other pancit cantons should strive to be--- light golden brown sauce sliding and drippin off the starchy noodles; deep-fried liempo bits (with crispy skin on) and tender shrimps mixed with crunchy vegetables --- all go together.  It doesn't even need the dash of calamansi juice we Pinoys are so accustomed to. Although they say one serving can be shared by two people, I can definitely finish a plate  by myself.

The specialty of the place is Paella but I didn't get to order it as the pancit was enough to fill up my carbo quota for the day.
Paellera lamp shade
I did get to taste some other dishes...
Lumpiang Shanghai

Crispy Chicken

Lapu-lapu in Sweet Sour Sauce
... but it's definitely the Pancit Canton that will keep me coming back for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment