Sunday, April 3, 2011

My Peanut Bieber Fever @ the PB Co.


I have never been a fan of Justin Bieber. I always thought he was lame. But I do understand why kids, girls, especially, like him. He's cute, charming and has got hair that can mesmerize (What is it with young girls and touching boys hairs, nowadays?). He can also dance and sing.  

When the movie of his precocious young life, "Never Say Never" opened in cinemas, I invited my godchildren Y. and M. to watch it with me and their mommy. Even with all the special effects and the throngs of screaming  young girls on the big screen, it was more mesmerizing to see the non-stop smile of 5-year old Y. as she tapped her hands on her knees to the tune of "Baby". As we filed out of the moviehouse, Y couldn't contain her joy and gushed, "I like the movie, Justin Bieber is just wonderful!"
Ahh, youth and all the giddiness it brings.

After  watching the movie, I had a solitary moment to enjoy a cup of coffee and peanut butter sandwiches at the PB Company, a small shop that serves peanut butter sandwiches.
I was intrigued by the menu... they have Peanut butter mixed in with BLT as in Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato!
Didn't try that one though, as I was into fluff that day. Along with my self-serve coffee...
 
... I ordered half a Peanut Butter and Marshmallow sandwich and half a Black Forest Sandwich- that's peanut butter with dark chocolate and cherry. 
They do have half orders at around P75. The marshmallow sandwich was, as I expected, a tad too sweet for my taste. But I suspect, this is like the killer sandwich parents need to be wary of, what with the sugar rush that comes with every bite.
 
The Black Forest sandwich is just as sweet but I like it better because it's got my favorite ingredient of all time- chocolate! I think, they used semi-sweetened dark chocolate.

The sweet treat I gave myself was the perfect, post-Bieber fever snack- light, fluffy and sweet.


No comments:

Post a Comment