Sunday, January 31, 2010

ANG LASWA NI LOLO GREG- ON VIDEO

 

This video shows the variation of making laswa using Lolo Greg's recipe.   


I am so glad that the webisodes have been viewed by viewers from around the globe. 

But what has me smiling more and spewing a lot of cliches in my mind is the fact that my cooking and all this technology has gotten me reconnected to my cousins,  many of whom are based in the Philippines, living within a  20-kilometer range. But with there being more than 50 of us, it's been hard to keep track of their lives. 

Yes, there's more than 5-0 of us from my father's side alone.  Apparently, during his sundalo days, Lolo Greg was swimming up to his knees in virility soup, having sired 13 children. And yes Lola Pacing was as sturdy as they came, having baked and popped my papa, Greg Jr, and his siblings in her baby bun. 

My current choice of living with just A., with no househelp and a workstyle that keeps me from mingling with big groups  may probably be attributed to my coming from a big family. 

Every special occassion takes you more than 30 minutes to greet and kiss the titos, titas, titos-in-law, titas-in law, cousins, cousins-in-law and so on and so forth.

Every family outing requires three buses and a few cars.

Every Christmas, gifts have to be placed in boxes for each family as giving them out individually may take until the next day.

Don't get me wrong, I love my big family! I just love me some quiet, too. 

My cousins, at least the ones  closer to my age, are now so used to my being absent at get-togethers that they re-introduce me to the young ones whenever I appear at family functions, it gives me  a big-family guilt complex. So I am grateful for the technology that allows me to share my memories and recipes with  my family.






No comments:

Post a Comment