I recently had a craving for strawberries so I went to the supermarket. After satisfying my palate pangs, I still had a handful left. So I decided to make my own strawberry vinaigrette to use in the for salads in the next few days.
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp stone ground Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Prepare the strawberries by washing, removing the stems and cutting into halves.
- Preheat your oven to 425 °F.
- Get baking tray and evenly position the strawberries.
- Place the strawberries in the oven. The fruit will release its own juices. Roast until it caramelizes. That should be about 15 minutes for small Baguio strawberries, and 20 mintes for the big-sized ones.
- Once roasted, remove the strawberries and let it cool.
- Purée the strawberries along with the balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, stone-ground Dijon mustard, garlic and pepper. Make sure to include any strawberry juices in the baking trays.
- Once the mixture is consistently smooth, pour it in a jar.
- Keep refrigerated and serve cold.
Did you know that aside from being used as a salad dressing, vinaigrettes can also be used to baste meat? I wonder what the Rosated Strawberry Balsamic Viniagrette will be good for?