Monday, November 24, 2014

MAMON SERVED WITH A SIDE OF GRAMMAR

This blog entry was written sometime in  2013 when I was attempting  to go back to food blogging.


 My hubby, the real grammar Nazi, was first to spot this ad with a problematic Filipino grammar.


Here's  a concise version of the rule on the right usage of the unlapi (prefix).
Source: http://tl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unlapi

 Yeah, it might be from Wikipedia but it's still right.

I wouldn't have minded it if it weren't plastered on a billboard across EDSA and if the advertiser hadn't used it nationally televised commercials. I made a short rant post on my FB page about it because it really bothered me that the company and the agency would be so careless in its copy. 

I guess it wasn't just me who noticed the mistake because soon after, the billboards were changed.

I don't know if they changed the  TV commercial, too. I'm just glad that whoever gave the go signal to spend a bit more to correct a mistake did so. Salamat.







No comments:

Post a Comment